cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How can i get the bar value in the distance graph in hierarchical clustering?

Hello, i'm doing an Hierarchical Clustering and under my dendrogram there is a distance graph. I'm interested in knowing the value of the bar at the end of that graph, on the right side. Can someone tell me how can i get it?

Thank you

7625_Immagine.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: How can i get the bar value in the distance graph in hierarchical clustering?

I see what you're looking for now.

There's a small diamond-shaped handle at the top and bottom of the dendrogram. By dragging that handle you identify a given number of clusters. The vertical line in the scree plot shows where the point for the selected number of clusters.

The distance for that point would be is in the Clustering History table below the scree plot.

You can see it a bit better if you drag to make the scree plot bigger. Here's a small movie showing the interaction.

-Jeff

-Jeff

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jeff_Perkinson

Re: How can i get the bar value in the distance graph in hierarchical clustering?

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for but I the Clustering History just below the scree plot has the distances used in the scree plot.

7637_Pasted_Image_12_1_14__5_48_PM.png

-Jeff

-Jeff

I was looking for the specific distance value indicated by the vertical bar in the graph.

7638_Immagine.png

Jeff_Perkinson

I see what you're looking for now.

There's a small diamond-shaped handle at the top and bottom of the dendrogram. By dragging that handle you identify a given number of clusters. The vertical line in the scree plot shows where the point for the selected number of clusters.

The distance for that point would be is in the Clustering History table below the scree plot.

You can see it a bit better if you drag to make the scree plot bigger. Here's a small movie showing the interaction.

-Jeff

-Jeff

Oh, thank you so much! Finally i've got how to get that. You have been very clear with that video, thank you again!

-MCS