cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lwx228
Level VIII

How can I paste a data table with text mixed in the clipboard into the specified table?

The clipboard has copied the R square table in the decision tree report, 6 rows and 6 columns, containing text. How can I paste this table into the new table?
thank you!

RSquare RMSE N Number of Splits AICc
Training 0.502 2.5656293 3625 20 17162.6
Validation -0.77 4.6256646 3625
Test -0.70 4.3112172 3635 

2018-09-15_16-04-45.png

14 REPLIES 14
txnelson
Super User

Re: How can I paste a data table with text mixed in the clipboard into the specified table?

You can always create a JMP data table from the R Square table you are referencing, and then save that table as a csv or txt or slsx file. to then be read into your VBA script.

Jim
lwx228
Level VIII

Re: How can I paste a data table with text mixed in the clipboard into the specified table?

I have a table merge in my code, and I want to write R squared at this point.But that's not the main thing.

d3 = d1 << Join( With( d2 ), By Row Number, Output Table( "Joined Data" ) );

I'm used to VBA, so I haven't adjusted my thinking.thank Jim!

lwx228
Level VIII

2018-09-16_07-33-03.png

txnelson
Super User

I am not quite sure what you are attempting to ask.  My thinking is that you have 2 lines that are attempting to serve the same purpose.  The first line uses a JMP Join Platform to add a data table to an already existing data table.  Is the second line attempting to replace values in the dt3 data table?

Jim
lwx228
Level VIII

Thank you, Jim, for your continued attention. Sorry, I haven't done this problem and it has been solved. This figure is the actual effect I got with the method provided by the gzmorgan0.

In the process, I combined multiple data tables, and then wrote the data of R square into a fixed empty cell, which can be accurately found in the VBA processing in the later stage.
Thanks again to the two experts!