cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Bradley_Torres
Level III

How can I adjust contour line settings in a contour plot?

Hi everyone, 

I´m a JMP new user and I´m now preparing some 2D contour plots, trying both unfilled and filled area. I have some issue, mostly regarding the contour line settings:

1) Font size (It can be adjusted in the legend, but not in the lines inside the graph).

2) Line width in the unfilled area graphs.

3) Adding borders among adjacent levels in filled area graphs. 

4) How to make it to display integer contour line values regardless the number of contour lines (In my case is showing integer numbers just up to 5 lines, but with decimals above 6 lines). 

I wonder how can proceed to adjust these settings, any help to solve this will be welcome. Thanks in advance,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: How can I adjust contour line settings in a contour plot?

@Bradley_Torres if you're using Contour Plot (Graph menu) and not a contour profiler (in Graph and from many analysis platform hotspots), you can right click in the graphing area, select Customize, then Contour (from the dialog). There will be an option to change the line width. Unfortunately, the other options are not available (AFAIK). If you feel they should be, I encourage you to add a request in the JMP Wish List section of the Community.

View solution in original post

@Bradley_Torres the graph from the profilers is using the underlying formula in the input column (or fitted model) whereas the Graph Builder and Contour Plot graphs are using a non-formula based interpolation method.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Bradley_Torres if you're using Contour Plot (Graph menu) and not a contour profiler (in Graph and from many analysis platform hotspots), you can right click in the graphing area, select Customize, then Contour (from the dialog). There will be an option to change the line width. Unfortunately, the other options are not available (AFAIK). If you feel they should be, I encourage you to add a request in the JMP Wish List section of the Community.

Bradley_Torres
Level III

Hi Mr. McCormack. Thank you for your answer and sorry for the late reply. Yes, in fact I have used two ways to generate my contour plots. One is from the graph menu (The one you suggested me about). I followed your suggestion on the line width and worked:), and I will add the request on the other options in the Community Wish List. I also tried with the option in the outside , as shown below: 

Screenshot 2022-04-08 124812 - 1.png

Now, it gives me to a second question. With both options I have got different results, especially for low value ranges (as shown in the example below), and I guess It is because they use different interpolation Methods. Do you know, which method use each one? If this information available in the help? There is any option to modify the interpolation method used, or a way to edit the script to do so? I appreciate so much your help, 

Bradley_Torres_1-1649440808290.png

@Bradley_Torres the graph from the profilers is using the underlying formula in the input column (or fitted model) whereas the Graph Builder and Contour Plot graphs are using a non-formula based interpolation method.

Bradley_Torres
Level III

Ok, got it. Thanks so much Mr McCormack for your answer and support!