cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Christina
Level I

How can I add (copy) rows according to number in a specific column to the datatable

Hi, I have a datatable as shown below. 

Christina_1-1675782988698.png

The column Anzahl shows the counts of column Prüfplan. I want JMP to make a row for every count so that Anzahl is always 1. I did that manually for row 1 as shown below, to clarify what I want to do. The original row has to be removed of course. 

Christina_2-1675783194328.png

Can anybody help me, thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How can I add (copy) rows according to number in a specific column to the datatable

Hi @Christina ,

Perhaps this tool can help - Expand by Frequency.
https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Add-Ins/Expand-by-Frequency-Column-Add-In/ta-p/21361

let us know if it works fo you.

View solution in original post

Re: How can I add (copy) rows according to number in a specific column to the datatable

The excellent Data Table Tools Add-in created by @brady_brady can do this. Once installed, you'll select the Add-Ins menu, then Data Table Tools, then Reshape Tables, then Unsummarize Rows

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

Hi @Christina ,

Perhaps this tool can help - Expand by Frequency.
https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Add-Ins/Expand-by-Frequency-Column-Add-In/ta-p/21361

let us know if it works fo you.

The excellent Data Table Tools Add-in created by @brady_brady can do this. Once installed, you'll select the Add-Ins menu, then Data Table Tools, then Reshape Tables, then Unsummarize Rows

Christina
Level I

That's what I wanted, thank you!

txnelson
Super User

The 

Tables=>Join

platform was designed to handle exactly what you are looing for.  Also, take a look at

Tables=>Update

for another possible option.

Jim
Christina
Level I

Thanks for your answer, others recommended me the JMP Add-in for expanding tables by frequency, that solved the problem.