cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
‘New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit – register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Jackie_
Level VI

Highlight on wafer map

Hi,

Is there a way to select the region on the wafer map like a wedge shape (yellow region in the snippet) across the 4th quadrant of the circle between 4'o clock to 5'o clock?

I am aware of doing lasso selection but I am wondering if I can do a more symmetric selection using formula or jsl way?

Jackie__1-1723734650251.png

Thanks,

13 REPLIES 13
jthi
Super User

Re: Highlight on wafer map

Sure. You could create a formula those slices and use data filter with "select" enabled on that formula column to perform the selections.

-Jarmo
Jackie_
Level VI

@jthi I was thinking the same but I am not sure how to derive the formula

jthi
Super User

Neither do I because I don't know what you wish to select. There seems to be some angle, inner circle, some width and maybe some weird shape inside the red area (could be that everything just isn't colored).

-Jarmo
Jackie_
Level VI

@jthi  I am thinking to create a wedge shape with size X = 8 dies and Y = 16 dies between 4'o clock to 5'o clock with 45 deg angle

jthi
Super User

Do you want a wedge shape or rectangle? Could you properly draw it and mark the "measures" you have?

-Jarmo
Jackie_
Level VI

Either one is fine. I have roughly highlighted the region. Die size doesn't matter as long as the shape is a rectangle 

jthi
Super User

I went a bit wrong way with the rectangle (your shape isn't rectangle) so this doesn't overlay that well with it (I also guessed the corner points).

jthi_6-1723745398848.png

So I found other function and modified that for JMP. It is closer but it is still using hard-coded corner points

jthi_7-1723745898887.png

jthi_8-1723746004999.png

-Jarmo
Jackie_
Level VI

@jthi  This looks good Jarmo. Can you share the table with formula?

The solution might be easier in polar coordinates. Create two new data columns with the radius and angle for each data point. Plot the data using the new coordinates and see if the target rows are easier to identify with a lower and upper bound on the radius and angle.  You can interactively try different selection criteria using a data filter. The selected rows would define the targets in the original Cartesian coordinates of the wafer map.