cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ascaniop
Level I

Hide and exclude marked rows

I want to hide and exclude specific rows that I have marked with a certain symbol or color. These rows are scattered throughout my data set and I don't want to manually hide and exclude all of them. I also want to be able to reverse the hide and exclude function for the specific cells in order to compare my original and edited data. Does anyone have tips on what I should do?

2 REPLIES 2
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: Hide and exclude marked rows

One possible solution is to create a new numerical - Nominal column with the formula: "Color of ()" and then using it to select the rows that match your annotations. It's certainly not perfect but it should do the trick rapidly.
Thierry R. Sornasse
txnelson
Super User

Re: Hide and exclude marked rows

The only way that I know of to get that information, is to write a script that interrogates the script for the column of interest.  If you use << get script to retrieve the script for a given column, it will provide you something you can scan through to get the color information

Using the Big Class sample JMP table in which I colored a few of the cells for the Height column and requesting

dt << get script;

The following is returned

New Column(
	["en" => "height", "ja" => "身長(インチ)", "x-id" => "S_height_Col", "zh-CN" => "身高"],
	Numeric,
	"Continuous",
	Format( "Fixed Dec", 5, 0 ),
	Set Property(
		"Notes",
		["en" => "Explore data adventurously",
		"ja" => "データを探索する。二変量の関係のXに指定する。",
		"x-id" => "S_Explore_data_adventurously_3_Not",
		"zh-CN" => "大胆地探究数据"]
	),
	Color Cells( {{3, {6}}, {42, {10}}, {27, {16}}} ),
	Set Selected,
	Set Values(
		[59, 61, 55, 66, 52, 60, 61, 51, 60, 61, 56, 65, 63, 58, 59, 61, 62, 65, 63,
		62, 63, 64, 65, 64, 68, 64, 69, 62, 64, 67, 65, 66, 62, 66, 65, 60, 68, 62,
		68, 70]
	),
	Set Display Width( 50 )
)

The element Color Cells contains the information needed

Color Cells( {{3, {6}}, {42, {10}}, {19, {11, 13}}, {27, {16}}} ),

the cell at row 6 is colored with the color number 3, row 10 with color number 42 etc.  Rows 11 and 13 both are colored with color 19.

JSL contains the functions that will allow you to search through the script to get the color informa

Jim