cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
sophie
Level I

Growth Plot

Hello!

I'm new to jump and am having trouble making a growth by date chart.

I have tried using graph builder and overlay plot but have not had any luck so far. I have a bunch of height data for plants in different treatments and I want to make a line graph with date on the x-axis and the mean height at each date on the y-axis with separate lines for each treatment. 

I cannot figure out how to separate by date correctly so my graph keeps separating the mean height at each date into the separate lines. Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks in advance!

I included a picture of the data I am trying to plot and the graph I keep getting in case they help. 

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (15).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Growth Plot

The issue is that you have both dimensions you want on the graph, coupled together in the columns.  i.e. column 6.6ht header is the date, which is your desired X dimension, and the data in that column is what you want displayed for the Y axis.  I think you can easily get what you want by stacking your data

Tables==>Stack

So if you stack the 4 data columns you will end up with a column with the headers(dates) and a column with the data.  You can then easily plot the data.

Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

The issue is that you have both dimensions you want on the graph, coupled together in the columns.  i.e. column 6.6ht header is the date, which is your desired X dimension, and the data in that column is what you want displayed for the Y axis.  I think you can easily get what you want by stacking your data

Tables==>Stack

So if you stack the 4 data columns you will end up with a column with the headers(dates) and a column with the data.  You can then easily plot the data.

Jim
sophie
Level I

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I need. Do you by chance know why the dates are in the incorrect order or how to fix it?

Screenshot (17).png

txnelson
Super User

Your date column is a character column, therefore it uses an alphabetical sort.  You can do a couple of things to change this....

1. Change your date column to a valid JMP Date (numeric) value
  2. Change the Column Property "Value Ordering" to the order you want your values to be in.
Jim
sophie
Level I

Thank you again!