cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
‘New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit – register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
GregMcMahon
Level III

Graph builder - plotting two x-y lines with selected rows and a third with all rows

Hi folks,

Yes, I know the answer to this will be amazingly simple and so am asking with plenty of egg on my face, but I'm spinning wheels right now. These are actual versus predicted plots, and I want to plot two lines using only validation rows from a validation column (for a neural and a standard least squares regression), as well as the result from the regression with all rows. Thought the answer might be in local data filter with the validation column but no luck.

Thanks and warmest regards,

Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: Graph builder - plotting two x-y lines with selected rows and a third with all rows

Most likely the easiest options are to either create new column(s) with some missing values or stack your data and plot with that. Below is an example of using duplicate column for x-axis with some missing values

jthi_0-1723733745352.png

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jthi
Super User

Re: Graph builder - plotting two x-y lines with selected rows and a third with all rows

Most likely the easiest options are to either create new column(s) with some missing values or stack your data and plot with that. Below is an example of using duplicate column for x-axis with some missing values

jthi_0-1723733745352.png

-Jarmo
GregMcMahon
Level III

Thanks Jarmo - I knew it would be ridiculously simple....