cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
terapin
Level VI

Graph Bulder: Create Multiple Horzontal AND Vertical Graphs

Using JSL I routinely create multiple horizontal and vertical Overlay Plots using the H List Box() and V List Box() commands.  I can see in Graph Builder how to create multiple horizontal line plots but can't seem to figure out how, and if, I can create both multiple horizontal and vertical line plots. Can this be done in GB?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
terapin
Level VI

Re: Graph Bulder: Create Multiple Horzontal AND Vertical Graphs

Thanks MS for the tip,

Unfortunately, I need the individual axes to be independent. I can certainly get them that way by using the H List Box command.  I was just hoping for a more elegant solution using the direct GB interface. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

The Group X, Group Y or the Wrap roles can be used arrange multiple line plots vertically or horizontally. However, the different plots are not independent; they share axis settings among other.

Example:

dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");

dt << Graph Builder(

Show Control Panel(0),

Variables(X(:height), Y(:weight), Wrap(:age)),

Elements(Line(X, Y, Legend(5)))

);

//

For the the wrap role, the layout can be customized by right-clicking on the wrap variable and set e.g. "levels per row".

terapin
Level VI

Thanks MS for the tip,

Unfortunately, I need the individual axes to be independent. I can certainly get them that way by using the H List Box command.  I was just hoping for a more elegant solution using the direct GB interface. 

XanGregg
Staff

It's a feature of small multiples that the axes are aligned for comparison. In cases like these where you want a grid of independent graphs, you'll still need the HList/VList of Graph Builders (turning off the legend) though LineupBox is probably better in either case.

terapin
Level VI

Xan,

I hadn't heard of the Lineup Box instruction before so I'll take a peek and see how that might be useful.  Thanks for your comment.