cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
terapin
Level VI

Graph Bulder: Create Multiple Horzontal AND Vertical Graphs

Using JSL I routinely create multiple horizontal and vertical Overlay Plots using the H List Box() and V List Box() commands.  I can see in Graph Builder how to create multiple horizontal line plots but can't seem to figure out how, and if, I can create both multiple horizontal and vertical line plots. Can this be done in GB?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
terapin
Level VI

Re: Graph Bulder: Create Multiple Horzontal AND Vertical Graphs

Thanks MS for the tip,

Unfortunately, I need the individual axes to be independent. I can certainly get them that way by using the H List Box command.  I was just hoping for a more elegant solution using the direct GB interface. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

The Group X, Group Y or the Wrap roles can be used arrange multiple line plots vertically or horizontally. However, the different plots are not independent; they share axis settings among other.

Example:

dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");

dt << Graph Builder(

Show Control Panel(0),

Variables(X(:height), Y(:weight), Wrap(:age)),

Elements(Line(X, Y, Legend(5)))

);

//

For the the wrap role, the layout can be customized by right-clicking on the wrap variable and set e.g. "levels per row".

terapin
Level VI

Thanks MS for the tip,

Unfortunately, I need the individual axes to be independent. I can certainly get them that way by using the H List Box command.  I was just hoping for a more elegant solution using the direct GB interface. 

XanGregg
Staff

It's a feature of small multiples that the axes are aligned for comparison. In cases like these where you want a grid of independent graphs, you'll still need the HList/VList of Graph Builders (turning off the legend) though LineupBox is probably better in either case.

terapin
Level VI

Xan,

I hadn't heard of the Lineup Box instruction before so I'll take a peek and see how that might be useful.  Thanks for your comment.