cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JL_LZH
Level III

Graph Builder: Ticks in Heatmap at center of cells

I want to put the ticks in a heatmap at the center of the cells and not on the grid, which doesn't make sense in my case. I think you'll know what I mean when looking at the graph. The white spaces are incorrect as we measured in x and y at 0, 1.5 and 3

Is there an option somewhere to change the position of the ticks?

Thanks

@martindemel

heatmap-ticks.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Graph Builder: Ticks in Heatmap at center of cells

Hi @JL_LZH,

I see what you mean -- because JMP is treating your columns as continuous measurements the binning of observations at increments of 1 results in a pretty strange looking plot. You cannot change the location of the tick marks for a continuous scale, but I think an easy solution will be to change the modeling types of your variables to Ordinal by right-clicking the modeling type and selecting Ordinal, as in the animated gif below.

ordinal.gif

Does that help get you closer to what you want for this plot?

@julian 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @JL_LZH,

I see what you mean -- because JMP is treating your columns as continuous measurements the binning of observations at increments of 1 results in a pretty strange looking plot. You cannot change the location of the tick marks for a continuous scale, but I think an easy solution will be to change the modeling types of your variables to Ordinal by right-clicking the modeling type and selecting Ordinal, as in the animated gif below.

ordinal.gif

Does that help get you closer to what you want for this plot?

@julian 

JL_LZH
Level III

Hello Julian,
perfect answer, works exactly as I want.