cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
kinseydrake
Level II

Gradescope Data Upload Script V5

Current version for JMP--> slack updates

11 REPLIES 11
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: Gradescope Data Upload Script V5

I tentatively removed the attachment; I suspect you did not mean to post it here. Feel free to put it back, with a bit more info, if you really meant it to be here.

Craige
kinseydrake
Level II

Hi there, 

I absolutely did mean to have the attachment there. Please do not remove attachments on subsequent posts. 

Thank you!

Kinsey 

Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @kinseydrake ,

This appears to be an update to a script submitted to the Scripts File Exchange. If that is correct, you can update the existing post by

1. Go to the Scripts library.
  2. Select Knowledge Base Article Dashboard from the Options menu in the lower left.
  3. Click the article name from the list.
  4. If the article has been submitted for review, click the Recall button at the top.
  5. Click Edit

Once the change has been made, the article can be saved as a draft for further editing or submitted for review.

I have updated the current submission with this version of the script.

Thanks.

Ryan

kinseydrake
Level II

This file works for all LSO grading assignments.

Ryan_Gilmore

Hi @kinseydrake ,

Please update the script submitted in the Scripts section of the Community using this link. We reviewed version 5 of the script and asked for several changes. If you did not receive that notification, please let me know.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks.

Ryan

kinseydrake
Level II

Hi Ryan, 

My apologies for not making the proposed edits, I must not have my email notifications set up to receive the replies. I will work on the edits and to add more documentation to the script. Thank you for your guidance and edits. 

Kinsey 

kinseydrake
Level II

kinseydrake
Level II

Ryan_Gilmore

Hi Kinsey,

In reviewing the latest versions, I do not see any changes based on the suggestions we provided. For your reference, here are the list of proposed edits (these were based on version 5 so the line numbers may not be accurate):

• Line 4 . It is a best practice to not use Close All so that data is not lost by the user.
  • Line 14. If the user answers "No", the script can be stopped after the Web call.
  • Lines 41 to 61. Email addresses are being exposed. We recommend removing these.
  • Line 244. The list stored in the mfi variable could be used rather than calling Get Data Table List().
  • Line 255. The statement can be removed since dt0 already references the table.
  • Line 479. The statement can be removed since dt1 already references the table.
  • Line 484. Is the importSheet function necessary? If not, it can be removed.
  • Line 817, 883, 997. We recommend avoiding the use of "current data table()" as the table can change if the user clicks another table while the script is running.
  • Remove Show statements.
  • Remove unused/commented code.
  • Consider using more meaningful names for dtN variables, eg. dt1 could be dtGradingSpreadsheet. Overall, well done. You made excellent use of the Zip archive as well as multi-file import.
  • For the article content, it would be helpful if you could provide further details on the purpose of the script, how to use it, screen shots, etc. 

Also, it would be helpful if you could update the article started in the Scripts dashboard since that is more closely monitored.

Thanks.

Ryan