cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
GroupSquareWolf
Level III

Getting the total row number

This is probably very simple, but I could not find my answer in Scripting Index.

Trying to write a script to return the total number of rows into a variable, eg, if a data table has 100 rows, return the number 100; if it has 50, return the number 50. 

Using JMP16.

Thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Getting the total row number

N Row() or N Rows() return this value for you. It returns the number of rows of the current data table by default. You can specify an argument that is a data table reference or a matrix and get specific data structure.

I recommend reading the Scripting Guide that is available in the JMP Help menu (documentation). There is also a browser for JSL through Help > Scripting Index.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

N Row() or N Rows() return this value for you. It returns the number of rows of the current data table by default. You can specify an argument that is a data table reference or a matrix and get specific data structure.

I recommend reading the Scripting Guide that is available in the JMP Help menu (documentation). There is also a browser for JSL through Help > Scripting Index.

GroupSquareWolf
Level III

Thank you!