cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Victor_G
Super User

Get MaxPro value for any Space-Filling design

Hi dear JMP Users and expert scripters,

I would like to compare several DoEs (Space-Filling type). Some are generated with JMP (with all the column properties needed for the factors and response), some are created with other external tools (so no column properties after file importation in JMP).

Since these designs are Space-Filling types, I would like to compare them based on discrepancy and MaxPro criterion values (example here with a Fast Flexible Filling design for 4 continuous factors) :

Victor_G_0-1726228159856.png

These values are available directly for JMP-generated designs in "DOE Dialog" script, but not with external tools.

I have read the Scripting index and the "<< Get MaxPro Values" function, but I don't know how to use it in a script for "external" DoEs ?

Practically, I would like to have a script that can calculate discrepancy and MaxPro values for any design, and provide a datatable with the results.

Ideally (maybe an idea for Wish List), I would like to have a comparison platform like Compare Designs,  where I could match the factors between different tables, and a window will open with the comparison of these two values, discrepancy and MaxPro criterion.

I have attached two datatable for testing, each is a design with 4 continuous factors, one generated externally and one generated with JMP.
Any help is welcome !

Thanks, 

Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics
1 REPLY 1
SDF1
Super User

Re: Get MaxPro value for any Space-Filling design

Hi @Victor_G ,

Below is some JSL code that will do what you wish. It's nothing fancy or anything, and I did explicitly write out all the DOE commands to generate the SFD. You could do it this way, or you could also point to a report window and extract out the number box value from it. But, the <<Get Max Pro Values is a nice command and simplifies that part quite a bit.

Hopefully this helps you to get started at least.

Names Default to Here(1);

dt = current data table();

dtdoe =
DOE(
	Space Filling Design,
	{Add Response( Maximize, "Y", ., ., . ),
	Add Factor( Continuous, 0, 0.5, "X1", 0 ),
	Add Factor( Continuous, 0, 0.5, "X2", 0 ),
	Add Factor( Continuous, 0, 0.5, "X3", 0 ),
	Add Factor( Continuous, 0, 0.5, "X4", 0 ), Set Random Seed( 1622525169 ),
	FFF Optimality Criterion( MaxPro ),
	Space Filling Design Type( Fast Flexible Filling, 20 ), Simulate Responses( 0 ),
	Set Run Order( Randomize ), Make Table}
);

MaxPro_value = dtdoe <<Get max Pro values;

Print(MaxPro_value[1]);

Hope this helps!,

DS