Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
GiuseppeC
Level II

Gardner-Altman Graph

Dear all,

would anyone of you know how to make the graph as in object?
On the internet I searched and found that it can be done with R (I attach photos), but it is a graph that could be improved, for example by adding a box-plot and a half-violin plot that would give more information in addition to the dot plot.

The result is an excellent inferential tool.
Thanks you very much.

Giuseppe

Schermata 2022-05-30 alle 14.34.13.png

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: Gardner-Altman Graph

How is this question different from your previous Discussion question?

Box-plot + dot plot + half violin plot

If you are looking for the specific Gardner-Altman Graph, then it is available through the JMP/R capability in JMP.  Look in the Scripting Index under Extending JMP.

Jim
GiuseppeC
Level II

Dear Txnelson,

since I don't like the Gardner-Altman graph obtained with R I would have liked to have made it with JMP which has more attractive graphics.

Then the graph with the points alone is not very informative; while with a box-plot and a half-violin plot the information is greater. I would say that in part the previous post is similar to this post, only the inferential part linked to Gardner-Altman would be missing.

I am attaching the program R:

install.packages("magrittr")
library(dabestr)

pr = read.xls("...directory of the DB", sheet=...)
bootstrap <- dabest(pr,
                   group,
                    variable,
                  idx = c("group1", "group2"),
                   paired = FALSE)
bootstrap_diff <- mean_diff(bootstrap)
plot(bootstrap_diff)

This program creates the graphic of the photo, to which it would be interesting to add the box-plot and the half-violin plot.

In Scripting Index under Extending JMP I did not find this plot.

Thank you very much

Giuseppe

txnelson
Super User

I would not expect to see your Gardner-Alman Chart in the JMP R extension documentation.    The documentation describes the JMP R interface, and is not intended as an R code repository.  My guess is that you will not get an individual to create the chart you want and that you will need to start down the path of writing your own code to create the chart.  I also think you need to add your request to the JMP Wish List, so the chart(s) will be evalueated for future addition into JMP.

Jim
GiuseppeC
Level II

Dear Txnelson,

I will follow your precious advice.
These graphs are a valuable tool for statistical inference and being able to make them with JMP would be points more for this software and its users.

Thanks you

Giuseppe