cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Freddy
Level II

Fit y by x

Dear JMP community,

I collected datasets for the absorption behaviour for 2 different dyes. So I made absorption measurement for 3 different dilution series of the 2 dyes and consequentely want to analyze the data sets with JMP. My final goal is to get an averaged extinction coefficient of the 2 dyes and analyze each resulting graph (linear correlation) statistically among themselves. So far I just managed to analyze each graph by themself with Fit y by x. Can somebody help me with this problem?

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Fit y by x

You can use Bivariate as before but include the three replicates in the regression analysis. Do not average the dilution series first. Put Dye in the By role to separate the data analysis but confine the results to one window.

Here is mock up of your study:

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 12.00.02 PM.png

Here is the resulting analysis:

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 12.00.15 PM.png

I saved the script for this analysis to the data table. I attached the data table with the mock up of your study.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You can use Bivariate as before but include the three replicates in the regression analysis. Do not average the dilution series first. Put Dye in the By role to separate the data analysis but confine the results to one window.

Here is mock up of your study:

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 12.00.02 PM.png

Here is the resulting analysis:

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 12.00.15 PM.png

I saved the script for this analysis to the data table. I attached the data table with the mock up of your study.

Freddy
Level II

@Mark_Bailey  Thank you very much for your quick response. Your solution  helped me a lot. I made the misstake to sort the data for each series in seperate columns so I couldn't analyze all at once.