cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Aam_jmp
Level IV

Fit group to Fit Models?

Is it possible to convert a fit group to different fit models and store them as scripts in JMP data table? This is because I make changes in only one attribute (i.e. Fit Model) but I still run the entire Fit group script. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Fit group to Fit Models?

When you have a fit group there are two red triangle menus - one next to "Fit Group" and one next to each model.  If you go to the red triangle next to one of the models and go to Save Script... you will have two options for saving to the data table.  The first one "To Data Table..." will save just that particular model.  The "To Data Table (All Objects)" will save everything.  If you use the broadcast feature with the Save Script shown below it will save one script in the data table for each outline item in the Fit Group.

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 10.00.24 AM.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

If you look under the red triangles for each fit there should be a save script that will save that modeling activity by itself. I think if you use the broadcast option (hold down CTRL - or CMD for mac while selecting the save script menu item) you can get each model out individually.

M
Aam_jmp
Level IV

@MikeD_Anderson I tried doing it but it still makes a fit group. Save Script---> to data table. Holding the control key. 

When you have a fit group there are two red triangle menus - one next to "Fit Group" and one next to each model.  If you go to the red triangle next to one of the models and go to Save Script... you will have two options for saving to the data table.  The first one "To Data Table..." will save just that particular model.  The "To Data Table (All Objects)" will save everything.  If you use the broadcast feature with the Save Script shown below it will save one script in the data table for each outline item in the Fit Group.

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 10.00.24 AM.png

Aam_jmp
Level IV

@MikeD_Anderson Oh Yes, that worked!! Thank you so much..