cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Srishti
Level III

Fischer's exact test odds ratio and Confidence intervals

Hi, 

I am a regular user of JMP, but without experience in scripting. I have used Fischer's exact test on my analysis, and am getting the results as posted. I have 2 questions:

1. Why do I get 2 difference exact tests and p-values? Which is the one to use?

2. In the odds ratio, the confidence interval does not match the p-value (which is <0.05). I am guessing it has something to do with the way with the CIs are calculated. Can you advise the best way to calculate the exact CI here? I am not experiencing this issue with other exact analyses used in the same dataset

Thanks

Presentation1.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Fischer's exact test odds ratio and Confidence intervals

I do not have access to JMP computer codes. I recommend that you send your question about the effect of weighting the contingency table analysis to JMP Technical Support (support@jmp.com). Please report back here what you learn from them so that other Community members may learn from your experience.

Srishti
Level III

I reached out to JMP support. The issue was that the weights used were non-integer weights. On using rounded integer weights, the discrepancy in the Odds ratio CIs and p-values disappeared.

Unfortunately, it seems JMP cannot handle non-integer weights. It would be useful to have this feature !

Yeah.