Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Srishti
Level III

Fischer's exact test odds ratio and Confidence intervals

Hi, 

I am a regular user of JMP, but without experience in scripting. I have used Fischer's exact test on my analysis, and am getting the results as posted. I have 2 questions:

1. Why do I get 2 difference exact tests and p-values? Which is the one to use?

2. In the odds ratio, the confidence interval does not match the p-value (which is <0.05). I am guessing it has something to do with the way with the CIs are calculated. Can you advise the best way to calculate the exact CI here? I am not experiencing this issue with other exact analyses used in the same dataset

Thanks

Presentation1.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Fischer's exact test odds ratio and Confidence intervals

I do not have access to JMP computer codes. I recommend that you send your question about the effect of weighting the contingency table analysis to JMP Technical Support (support@jmp.com). Please report back here what you learn from them so that other Community members may learn from your experience.

Srishti
Level III

I reached out to JMP support. The issue was that the weights used were non-integer weights. On using rounded integer weights, the discrepancy in the Odds ratio CIs and p-values disappeared.

Unfortunately, it seems JMP cannot handle non-integer weights. It would be useful to have this feature !

Yeah.