cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
88th-Fold
Level I

Feature request: Python script window thoughts

• ctrl + '/' to add python comment prefix to lines (#)
  • #= and =#  comment block syntax to wrap sections/chunks of code as comments
  • # %% - to create a comment cell division for "cell comments", similar to PyCharm, VSCode, and Spyder
    • 88thFold_0-1728500511391.png
  • Dark theme in python script window. Maybe I need to restart JMP, but after setting the theme and opening a new python script window in JMP, there is still the eye-piercing light theme.
  • ctrl + alt + (directional arrow) to move line of text under cursor/block of selected text up or down through the code.
  • Indication when the kernel is engaged / code is running. Currently there is no visual indicator that any code is still in queue to be processing. I like having line numbers on, so maybe a highlight or carrot/tick along the line that is being interpreted/processed, or a small circular loading indicator or red/yellow/green light (green = ready to go, yellow = currently processing, red = error, white = not yet run/nothing loaded in mem for that script, blue = code run, script unchanged, and outcome successful?)

I will likely have more thoughts as I use the python interface more.

Bonus q: can we export the jmp package or add a repo to other python environments to bring jmp package functions there?

2 REPLIES 2
88th-Fold
Level I

Re: Feature request: Python script window thoughts

Silly me tried to import `jmp` in my Jupy Notebook and was greeted with this:

88thFold_0-1728500895742.png

That was before I groked the scope of the jmp package:

88thFold_1-1728500932880.png

txnelson
Super User

Re: Feature request: Python script window thoughts

I think the best way to get these added features is to submit them in the JMP Wish List, not the Discussion Community.  See the JMP Wish List tab at the top of the Community page.

Jim