Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
agiacomo
Level I

Factor Constraints: Multiplication

Hi everyone.

I am pretty new with JMP so pardon m eif the question sounds silly to you.

We are trying to set up a custom experimental design, in which we want to optimize a continuous response, working with 5 continuous factors, one discrete factor and two constants.
While we want to explore the effect of the factors on the response, we have parallely developed a relationship within the factors: for this reason we would like to use it to set contraints on the allowed levels, before creating the DOE.

After reading through the precious suggestions from this amazing community, we are using the Disallowed Combination Script, to meet this goal.

A bit more into details, here is the constraint:

[X1 * (X2 / X3) * C1 * ((C2 / X4) + 1) * D1 * (195.08 / 9) < 4.01] & [X1 * (X2 / X3) * C1 * ((C2 / X4) + 1) * Z1 * (195.08 / 9) < 0.1]
(where Xi are the factors, Ci the constants and D1 is the discrete factor).

Our problem is that the treatment do not seem to respect the constraints: many of the treatments suggested by the JMP are above the limit value. It also seems to me that the Specify Linear Constraints option works only for linear combinations of the factors, and not for their products (such as in our case)

Am I missing something here? Or do you have any suggestion on how to reformulate the DoE to make it less complicated?
I hope the question is clear and not too silly.
Sorry for the very long message: I will patiently wait for your input, and can gladly provide more info when needed.

Thanks a lot in advance to whoever might take the time to read this post and, in the meantime, I wish you a pleasant day.

Kind Regards,
A

0 REPLIES 0