Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
uProf
Level III

Eliminating Empty Space in HTML when converting from Jmp Journal

Hi -

I need some guidance to eliminate empty space observed between plots in HTML file when it is converted from a journal.

I am using the following JSL code. Journal looks as expected but HTML has spacing between plots and table.

Names Default To Here( 1 );
bigClass = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.JMP" );
dt = Current Data Table();
nw = New Window( "BigClass", <<journal, vlb = v List Box() );
vlb << Append ( dt << bivariate( x( :weight ), y( :height ) ) );  
vlb << Append (dt << oneway( x( :sex ), y( :height ) ));
outfile = "$TEMP\Out.html";
nw<<SaveHTML(outfile);

Pointers or recommendations are welcome. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: Eliminating Empty Space in HTML when converting from Jmp Journal

Here is the output that I am getting.  On the left is the journal, on the right is the HTML output.  I am running a Windows 10 PC with JMP 16.1.  

What white space needs to be eliminated?

txnelson_0-1634297181309.png

Jim

Would saving as Interactive HTML using the following work for you? 

nw << Save Interactive HTML(outfile);

John_Powell_JMP_0-1634305515659.png

uProf
Level III

Thanks so much, John. Saving as Interactive HTML does get rid of the empty space.

I am using Jmp 12.2. Is there a way to blend the plot background with HTML background?

I don't have JMP 12, but with JMP 13, I was able to hack the output by removing the .darkBackground and .border styles.

John_Powell_JMP_0-1634308739787.png

If that works for you, maybe someone on the JMP community could offer a way to do this with JSL. However, it's not recommended to modify the output as it could have unexpected side effects.

Please also note that when you use Interactive HTML, your data are included in the output whereas it is not with plain HTML. In recent versions of JMP, you can output Interactive HTML without including the data, by publishing with 'Publish Data' disabled. When you do, interactivity is limited to opening and closing graphs in the report, because data are required to provide interaction within the graphs.