cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Isabel26
Level III

Edit quantile box plot

I only want to see Quantile box plot that show 5 elements, Max, Min and 75% 50% 25%, not all fences. And include outliers. The only option in JMP 16 graph builder-QUANTILE box plots is showing all 11 elements. Can I customized my own QUANTILE box plot? prefer no scripting. Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Edit quantile box plot

You can get what you want by using the Customize capability in JMP.

If you generate a histogram using Graph Builder, specifying not to draw the Fences, one can then use the Customize to add back in the Fences you want.

txnelson_0-1633386599042.png

Right click on the graph and select Customize.  Then click on the + to add a script, and copy in the simple script commands into the Customize window, and press Apply.  It will add in the 2 fences you want.

txnelson_1-1633386939623.png

Jim

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
statman
Super User

Create your Box plot and then right click on the plot and there will be a number of options for you.

statman_0-1633369684654.png

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
Isabel26
Level III

. Thanks. But I only can choose no fences or all the fences. I want to only fence Max and Min.

statman
Super User

Try changing it to an outlier Box Type

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box

Try changing the Box Style to Solid. I think that might be what you want. It doesn't really make sense to me, but this is what I get with the Solid Quantile box.

Dan_Obermiller_0-1633392941290.png

Dan Obermiller
txnelson
Super User

You can get what you want by using the Customize capability in JMP.

If you generate a histogram using Graph Builder, specifying not to draw the Fences, one can then use the Customize to add back in the Fences you want.

txnelson_0-1633386599042.png

Right click on the graph and select Customize.  Then click on the + to add a script, and copy in the simple script commands into the Customize window, and press Apply.  It will add in the 2 fences you want.

txnelson_1-1633386939623.png

Jim