cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Earendur
Level I

Doing a Oneway Analysis with Multiple Response Columns

Below is a sample data table that shows what I am trying to achieve. I want to compare means of serum levels based on a patient's mutations. The problem is some patients have multiple mutations in the same gene.

I would like JMP to recognize that the Mut1, Mut2 need to be assigned with the other mutations with the same name instead of creating its own category for them. I have tried setting the column to "Multiple Response" but then the Fit Y by X platform will not accept "Gene 1" as an X factor.

Others have suggested creating a second column for the extra mutations but then the Fit Y by X platform creates two charts and I can't analyze the means between the different mutations.

I've looked and looked for a solution, I know there has to be something simple I am missing.

Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 1.09.45 PM.png

2 REPLIES 2
statman
Super User

Re: Doing a Oneway Analysis with Multiple Response Columns

I'm not sure I have an answer, but the way your table is laid out, you have a comma between the two mutations Mut1, Mut2.  Why not identify it as Mut12 or MutAB, etc.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
txnelson
Super User

Re: Doing a Oneway Analysis with Multiple Response Columns

One way of handling this is to replicate the Serum data for each mutation and then run the Oneway analysis.  This is easy to do in JMP.  

1. Click on the header for Gene 1
  2. Select from the pull down menu         Cols=>Utilities=>Text to Columns
  3. Enter a ',' as the delimiter and select OK
  4. Now the data needs to be stacked so select from the pull down menu       Tables=>Stack
  5. Select both Gene 1 1 and Gene 1 2 as the Stack Columns
  6. Click on OK
  7. Now you can run your Fit Y by X, specifying
    1. The column called Data ax your X Factor
    2. The column Serum Level Y and your Y Response
    3. Click on OK

serum.PNG

Jim