cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
gallardet
Level III

Does anyone know if it is possible to add images to the imagesmaps folder and select them in backgroud map?

It would be very useful for making our own maps work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Does anyone know if it is possible to add images to the imagesmaps folder and select them in backgroud map?

Apparently, it is not possible to add custom images locally. Read the documentation about background maps. You can use the two built-in types of background maps or pull them from a Web service.

You can create custom shape files (a pair of files) that are used for boundaries, though. They can be stored with the data table or in the default folder for built-in shapes.

gallardet
Level III

Re: Does anyone know if it is possible to add images to the imagesmaps folder and select them in backgroud map?

Thank you for your response. Nothing new otherwise. I hope someone knows how to do it.
ian_jmp
Staff

@Mark_Bailey is quite right. But you 'can' add any image as a watermark to a graph. This may or may not be what you are after, and if you do this you have the responsibility to take care of the correct registration of the map with the axes. I didn't do this in the example below.

Screenshot 2021-03-25 at 16.46.34.png

gallardet
Level III

I just want JMP to get their act together and make it possible for users to select their geolocated images on the background map.