cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Yngeinstn
Level IV

Displaying data values from Graph Builder

I am looking for some help in extracting data values at a specific point on a -x-y plot and putting them into a table to add to a presentation. I have attached a picture of a plot and if you notice there are 4 Ref Lines ( 8, 11, 14.5, and 17.5). I would like to get get the exact value for each device at that specific point and put them into a table. I have tried Summary & Tabulate but I can't seem to figure this one. This will go inside a script that loops through each test condition (96) and plots the data.

Thanks in advance

dCapture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Displaying data values from Graph Builder

Under the red triangle menu choose Group by...

2020-03-09_13-26-47.725.png

-Jeff

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Jeff_Perkinson

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like you are displaying fitted splines in Graph Builder.

If that's the case your best bet is to use Fit Y by X to fit the splines and then save the prediction formula. You can then use that formula to get predicted values for each of your reference line values.

-Jeff
Yngeinstn
Level IV

I see what you mean, thanks. Question? I don't want to plot any mean values which anything with "Fit" will do apparently, I want to connect the points for each of the 10 devices of actually how it looks with the points only. How does one accomplish that?Capture.PNG

There are many ways to connect the data points with a line. One way is in Fit Y by X, from the red popup choose Flexible > Fit Each Value.

Dan Obermiller
Yngeinstn
Level IV

Thanks for the reply.. I tried that and here is  what i get....  Ideally, i would like to get rid of the points and just use the line without having to plot means... The 1st picture is exactly how i would like it to look without it again, using means.. Capture.PNG

Select all of the rows. Go to the Row menu and select Hide.

Dan Obermiller
Yngeinstn
Level IV

That worked however i am still getting only 1 line for the 10 devices..  It looks like it is the mean off all 10 devices..

Jeff_Perkinson

Under the red triangle menu choose Group by...

2020-03-09_13-26-47.725.png

-Jeff
Yngeinstn
Level IV

Thank you very much for that....  It was the combination of everything that i had tried to make it work...

Mr. @txnelson help create this great Function( that i am using in my Application and it's pretty much straight forward but when i saved this to the script window I see some extra stuff, Fit Where(. It is pretty static to what the current data table has a rowcol...  How would you change it so it automatically does it on a new table?

Bivariate(
	Y( :ycol ),
	X( :xcol ),
	Show Points( 0 ),
// the following information will be different for each product / test
	Fit Where(
		:RowCol == "r1c5sr0sc0",
		Fit Each Value( {Report( 0 ), Line Color( {212, 73, 88} ), Report( 0 )} )
	),
	Fit Where(
		:RowCol == "r1c5sr1sc0",
		Fit Each Value( {Report( 0 ), Line Color( {61, 174, 70} ), Report( 0 )} )
	),
	Fit Where(
		:RowCol == "r4c1sr0sc0",
		Fit Each Value( {Report( 0 ), Line Color( {66, 112, 221} ), Report( 0 )} )
	),
	Fit Where(
		:RowCol == "r4c1sr1sc0",
		Fit Each Value( {Report( 0 ), Line Color( {204, 121, 41} ), Report( 0 )} )
	),
	Fit Where(
		:RowCol == "r4c6sr0sc0",
		Fit Each Value( {Report( 0 ), Line Color( {40, 182, 143} ), Report( 0 )} )
	),
	Fit Where(
		:RowCol == "r4c6sr1sc0",
		Fit Each Value( {Report( 0 ), Line Color( {162, 43, 221} ), Report( 0 )} )
	),
	Fit Where(
		:RowCol == "r5c8sr0sc0",
		Fit Each Value( {Report( 0 ), Line Color( {196, 189, 43} ), Report( 0 )} )
	),
	Fit Where(
		:RowCol == "r5c8sr1sc0",
		Fit Each Value( {Report( 0 ), Line Color( {39, 174, 174} ), Report( 0 )} )
	),
	Fit Where(
		:RowCol == "r8c5sr0sc0",
		Fit Each Value( {Report( 0 ), Line Color( {197, 41, 201} ), Report( 0 )} )
	),
	Fit Where(
		:RowCol == "r8c5sr1sc0",
		Fit Each Value( {Report( 0 ), Line Color( {142, 176, 40} ), Report( 0 )} )
	)
);

Report( gb )[Framebox( 1 )] << Frame Size( 848, 755 ), << Marker Drawing Mode( "Normal" );
	Report( gb )[Framebox( 1 )] << Row Legend( RowCol, Color( 1 ), Color Theme( "JMP Default" ) );
	Report( gb )[Framebox( 1 )] << Row Legend( Marker( 0 ), Marker Theme( "" ), Continuous Scale( 0 ), Reverse Scale( 0 ), Excluded Rows( 0 ) );