cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Thierry_S
Super User

Discriminant Analysis > Normal 50% Contours > Save for Replot in Graph Builder?

Hi JMP Community,

I have conducted a Discriminant Analysis using measurements of 92 biomarkers associated with 3 biological states denoted as Dummy: B, C, and D; see canonical plot below:

DISC ANALYSIS CANONICAL.png

Now, after saving the Canonical Scores to by data table, I would like to fine tune this plot in GraphBuilder but I have not been able to figure out how to reproduce the Normal 50% Contours; here is what I have so far: the shaded ellipses are clearly not matching the original Canonical Plot above.

GB CANONICAL.png 

Any help would be welcome.

Best,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: Discriminant Analysis > Normal 50% Contours > Save for Replot in Graph Builder?

Hi JMP Community,
I found an ugly work around to reach my goal:
1) In the Discriminant Analysis platform > Canonical Plot: Click Customize
2) Copy the 3 non-editable graphic scripts for Normal 50% Contours, Means 95% CL Ellipses, and Group Labels into a new script window
3) Create the desired plot in Graph Builder (i.e. saved Canonical 1 vs. Canonical 2 values)
4) Click Customize and add the 3 saved graphic scripts describe above which our now editable (e.g. "Text Color", "Text Size", "Pen Size")

I would love to hear the input from anybody with a better idea.
Best,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: Discriminant Analysis > Normal 50% Contours > Save for Replot in Graph Builder?

Hi JMP Community,
I found an ugly work around to reach my goal:
1) In the Discriminant Analysis platform > Canonical Plot: Click Customize
2) Copy the 3 non-editable graphic scripts for Normal 50% Contours, Means 95% CL Ellipses, and Group Labels into a new script window
3) Create the desired plot in Graph Builder (i.e. saved Canonical 1 vs. Canonical 2 values)
4) Click Customize and add the 3 saved graphic scripts describe above which our now editable (e.g. "Text Color", "Text Size", "Pen Size")

I would love to hear the input from anybody with a better idea.
Best,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse