cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Thierry_S
Super User

Discriminant Analysis > Normal 50% Contours > Save for Replot in Graph Builder?

Hi JMP Community,

I have conducted a Discriminant Analysis using measurements of 92 biomarkers associated with 3 biological states denoted as Dummy: B, C, and D; see canonical plot below:

DISC ANALYSIS CANONICAL.png

Now, after saving the Canonical Scores to by data table, I would like to fine tune this plot in GraphBuilder but I have not been able to figure out how to reproduce the Normal 50% Contours; here is what I have so far: the shaded ellipses are clearly not matching the original Canonical Plot above.

GB CANONICAL.png 

Any help would be welcome.

Best,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: Discriminant Analysis > Normal 50% Contours > Save for Replot in Graph Builder?

Hi JMP Community,
I found an ugly work around to reach my goal:
1) In the Discriminant Analysis platform > Canonical Plot: Click Customize
2) Copy the 3 non-editable graphic scripts for Normal 50% Contours, Means 95% CL Ellipses, and Group Labels into a new script window
3) Create the desired plot in Graph Builder (i.e. saved Canonical 1 vs. Canonical 2 values)
4) Click Customize and add the 3 saved graphic scripts describe above which our now editable (e.g. "Text Color", "Text Size", "Pen Size")

I would love to hear the input from anybody with a better idea.
Best,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: Discriminant Analysis > Normal 50% Contours > Save for Replot in Graph Builder?

Hi JMP Community,
I found an ugly work around to reach my goal:
1) In the Discriminant Analysis platform > Canonical Plot: Click Customize
2) Copy the 3 non-editable graphic scripts for Normal 50% Contours, Means 95% CL Ellipses, and Group Labels into a new script window
3) Create the desired plot in Graph Builder (i.e. saved Canonical 1 vs. Canonical 2 values)
4) Click Customize and add the 3 saved graphic scripts describe above which our now editable (e.g. "Text Color", "Text Size", "Pen Size")

I would love to hear the input from anybody with a better idea.
Best,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse