cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
psundar6
Level III

Data points on a variability plot to display X-axis values instead of Y-axis and Row-number?

Hi,

I am plotting a variability plot and reporting as an interactive html. When I hover over the datapoints on the variability plot I see a peek into the Row-number and the corresponding Y-axis value. Is there a way to show the X-axis value in the peek window as well? I don't mind removing the row-number or the Y-axis value if necessary. Thanks.

-Prithvee

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Data points on a variability plot to display X-axis values instead of Y-axis and Row-number?

@psundar6,

Are you aware of JMP labels. Below is a screenshot of a saved interactive html. It has a variability chart and the table combined, but it works as well for only the varaibility chart. The table shows that I highlighted 3 columns that were used to create the chart. Those columns were seleted and using one of the Columns pull down menus, selected Label.  Note I could add more variables not used to create the var chart. When I hover over a point I see the values of labeled columns.  I think Labels address your question. If not, please provide more details.

image.png

View solution in original post

gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Data points on a variability plot to display X-axis values instead of Y-axis and Row-number?

@Ross_Metusalem, Oops, you are faster than I. 

@psundar6, Ross and my response provided the same advice.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Prithvee,

Head back to the data table, right click on the column corresponding to your x-axis variable and select Label/Unlabel. (You can also find the Label/Unlabel command under the Cols menu.) This will tell JMP to display this column's values in any hover labels in graphs. The column should now have a yellow tag icon next to it in the data table's columns pane, and you should now see the corresponding values in the hover label in your variability chart.

Ross

Ross Metusalem
JMP Academic Ambassador
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

@psundar6,

Are you aware of JMP labels. Below is a screenshot of a saved interactive html. It has a variability chart and the table combined, but it works as well for only the varaibility chart. The table shows that I highlighted 3 columns that were used to create the chart. Those columns were seleted and using one of the Columns pull down menus, selected Label.  Note I could add more variables not used to create the var chart. When I hover over a point I see the values of labeled columns.  I think Labels address your question. If not, please provide more details.

image.png

gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

@Ross_Metusalem, Oops, you are faster than I. 

@psundar6, Ross and my response provided the same advice.

psundar6
Level III

Oops clicked the wrong button. ANyway, thanks for the reply!
psundar6
Level III

Thanks for your reply! I just figured this one out. Labels does give me more info on the plots.