cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Darshan Hiranandani : How can I enable line connections between data points in the graph builder tool?

Hi everyone,

I'm Darshan Hiranandani, I'm using a graph builder tool and I'm trying to enable line connections between data points for better visualization. Could anyone share how to do this or any tips on using the tool effectively?

Regards

Darshan Hiranandani 

2 REPLIES 2
Victor_G
Super User

Re: Darshan Hiranandani : How can I enable line connections between data points in the graph builder tool?

Hi @darshanhira23,

Welcome in the Community !

I can suggest to read the Essential Graphing part related to Graph Builder to see the different visualization options : Element Types and Options

If you plot your data points, pressing SHIFT + clicking on the "Line" icon enable to superimpose these two graphical options : 

Victor_G_0-1720008556868.png

You can have lines for several ID/formulations... if you add a new ID variable in the "Overlay" panel. Note that by default the line is a mean summary line, but you can change it into median, min/max, ...

Hope this answer will help you,

Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics
txnelson
Super User

Re: Darshan Hiranandani : How can I enable line connections between data points in the graph builder tool?

Using the Big Class sample data table and wanting to draw a line graph with the line going through each data point.

txnelson_0-1720008603289.png

The X axis, Weight, needs to be sorted in ascending order, so before opening Graph Builder order the data table by ascending weight.

Then open Graph Builder and drag Height to the Y axis and Weight to the X axis.

txnelson_1-1720008819980.png

click on the Line icon

txnelson_2-1720008867153.png

Which changes the display to

txnelson_3-1720008917480.png

However, the line graph is graphing the mean values.  Th change to each data point select the Row Order box

txnelson_4-1720009044604.png

Jim