Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dbu
dbu
Level II

DOE - editing Custom Design dialogue of an existing table

Hello,

I created a DOE table which had a minimum # of runs as 44. The table has 8 factors (7 continuous and 1 discrete) and 3 responses.

However, when I re-enter the DOE dialogue, press "back" and edit my factors something strange happens. Adding a new continuous factor actually decreases the minimum # of runs to 10. How could this be true?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dbu
dbu
Level II

Re: DOE - editing Custom Design dialogue of an existing table

Hi Mark-

Same terms were indeed present - but I did find the "issue".

I had RSM model selected for an 8-factor design. When I added the 9th factor the model reverted to Main Effects, significantly reducing the number of experiments necessary. I'm brand new to JMP and didn't catch this.

Thanks for your response!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The model will change when you change factors (add or remove one). Did you check that all the same terms are present for both designs?

dbu
dbu
Level II

Hi Mark-

Same terms were indeed present - but I did find the "issue".

I had RSM model selected for an 8-factor design. When I added the 9th factor the model reverted to Main Effects, significantly reducing the number of experiments necessary. I'm brand new to JMP and didn't catch this.

Thanks for your response!

So the terms were not the same in both cases. That is what I thought. Glad you learned about JMP behavior in Custom Design.

dbu
dbu
Level II

Oh I misunderstood your question - the original 8 terms were the same but I added a new 9th term.

Thanks again!