cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
wojeezy08
Level I

How to create a histogram of particular cells?

I do not want a histogram of all of column 8, just rows 5-10 of column 8.  How do I do this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to create a histogram of particular cells?

The 'row states' drive JMP behavior. Select the rows that you do not want to analyze, then click the Rows menu and select Hide and Exclude. Now make your histogram.

View solution in original post

There are several ways to accomplish what you want to do.

You can combine windows. Select Window > Combine Windows. That action creates a dashboard. You can save a script for it, to the data table for example. So you do not save the analyses themselves, but the script to run the analysis again later.

You can also save a static version ('snapshot') as a JMP Journal. Make the first window active, then select Edit > Journal. Make the second window active and select Journal again. You can save this file as a record.

You might find the JMP Project useful. This way organizes all your work: data tables, platforms, and so on, in one plat. You save the project as a self-contained file.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The 'row states' drive JMP behavior. Select the rows that you do not want to analyze, then click the Rows menu and select Hide and Exclude. Now make your histogram.

wojeezy08
Level I

Excellent, thank you.  Follow-up:  I have created separate histograms for rows 1-5, and 5-10.  When I create the histograms, they appear in separate windows.  I would like to get both histograms in one window, so I copy and paste, then save.  However, after opening the file again, the pasted histograms are gone.  How do I keep the pasted histograms in the file?

There are several ways to accomplish what you want to do.

You can combine windows. Select Window > Combine Windows. That action creates a dashboard. You can save a script for it, to the data table for example. So you do not save the analyses themselves, but the script to run the analysis again later.

You can also save a static version ('snapshot') as a JMP Journal. Make the first window active, then select Edit > Journal. Make the second window active and select Journal again. You can save this file as a record.

You might find the JMP Project useful. This way organizes all your work: data tables, platforms, and so on, in one plat. You save the project as a self-contained file.

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

@Mark_Bailey has some good suggestions above but I'd go back one step and ask, how did you know you wanted rows 1-5 and 6-10? 

That is, what do those rows represent?

Do they represent different groups in your data? Is there another column that identifies those groups? If, you can use that in the By role to get the two histograms automatically.

Whatever they represent do you have another column or can you create one to separate them (even by row number) into the groups?

[Note: "I have created separate histograms for rows 1-5, and 5-10." Did you really include row 5 in both histograms or is this a typo, corrected as I showed above?]

-Jeff