cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
frankderuyck
Level VI

DOE ANALYSIS PROFILER

When analyzing a DOE with a categorical factor/settings A,B & C using STEPWISE in the profiler I get combinations of the factor settings A-B, B-C.. This gives a difficult inerpretation. How can I get in the Stewaise analysis profiler the pure factor settings A,B & C like in the analysis with standard least squares or JMP Pro generalized regression? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: DOE ANALYSIS PROFILER

You cannot do it from the Profiler because that is the effect that Stepwise found. You might want to use Stepwise again but change your Rules to "Whole Effects". That will prevent these A-B and B-C factors from appearing.

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You cannot do it from the Profiler because that is the effect that Stepwise found. You might want to use Stepwise again but change your Rules to "Whole Effects". That will prevent these A-B and B-C factors from appearing.

Dan Obermiller
frankderuyck
Level VI

Works fine, thanks Dan!

frankderuyck
Level VI

It works fine with stepwise however I get the same problem when selecting all possible models?  pity I would like to use it in a training for people who don't have all the JMP pro but this way it is not possible..