cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tcarrillo12
Level I

Custom Map

Hi, I've created this custom map but I cannot get the original plant drawing to overlay with the digitized image in the Graph Builder? Can anyone help? Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Custom Map

The issue is that the column name in the data table needs to be the same as the column name in the -name shape table.  You had specified "Name" in the -Name shape jmp table, but in the data table you called the column "Department".  I changed the column name to "Name" and brought up Graph Builder, and produced the following output:

10814_pastedImage_0.png

Also, make sure you save the -XY and - Name data tables to the correct folders:

JMP looks for these files in two locations. One location is shared by all users on a machine.

This location is:

• Windows: C:/Program Files/SAS/JMP/12/Maps/

• Macintosh: /Library/Application Support/JMP/12/Maps

The other location is specific for an individual user:

• On Windows: C:/Users/<user name>/AppData/Roaming/SAS/JMP/Maps

• On Macintosh: /Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/JMP/Maps

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

The issue is that the column name in the data table needs to be the same as the column name in the -name shape table.  You had specified "Name" in the -Name shape jmp table, but in the data table you called the column "Department".  I changed the column name to "Name" and brought up Graph Builder, and produced the following output:

10814_pastedImage_0.png

Also, make sure you save the -XY and - Name data tables to the correct folders:

JMP looks for these files in two locations. One location is shared by all users on a machine.

This location is:

• Windows: C:/Program Files/SAS/JMP/12/Maps/

• Macintosh: /Library/Application Support/JMP/12/Maps

The other location is specific for an individual user:

• On Windows: C:/Users/<user name>/AppData/Roaming/SAS/JMP/Maps

• On Macintosh: /Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/JMP/Maps

Jim
tcarrillo12
Level I

Ho wow! Thank you very much. Now it worked for me. The only thing is that I cannot the original image to overlay with above. I noticed that on JMP help the author was able to overlay the floor plan drawing or image with the traced temperature.