cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
phillby
Level I

Creating Data Table Automatically

I am trying to create a table automatically but am a little stuck with Set Values.

I have opened the database using a SQL query, then copied the script from the table. In this script (below) I am selecting data from a packhouse, ALBS. This script works fine for this packhouse, but I want to automate this process to be able to open data from other packhouses. Clearly, if I open another packhouse, e.g. BBSS, using this script, then the line Set Values( {"21295131", "21295131", "21295131", "21295131", "21295131"} ) will not be relevant to the new data set. What command do I need to replace this Set Values line with to fetch the correct data from the database I've just opened. I've had a look through the book and Get Values seems like it might be heading in the right direction but I can't understand how to use this command.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I've only been using JMP for a week so am very new to it all.

New Table( "TB_RAW_DATA",

Add Rows( 5 ),

New Table Variable( "SQL",

"SELECT top 5 PalletID, dtTempSample, TempSampleValue FROM dbo.tb_Raw_Data WHERE tb_Raw_Data.SiteName =

'ALBS' 

AND  tb_Raw_Data.ShipmentID = 'warehouse' order by palletid, dttempsample

"

),

New Table Variable( "JSL",

"Open Database(\!"DSN=TRG-SQL13;UID=;Trusted_Connection=Yes;APP=JMP;WSID=MTMLAP160;DATABASE=ZS_Export\!", \!"SELECT top 5 PalletID, dtTempSample, TempSampleValue FROM dbo.tb_Raw_Data WHERE tb_Raw_Data.SiteName =

'ALBS' 

AND  tb_Raw_Data.ShipmentID = 'warehouse' order by palletid, dttempsample

\!");"

),

New Column( "PalletID",

Character,

Nominal,

Set Values( {"21295131", "21295131", "21295131", "21295131", "21295131"} )

),

New Column( "dtTempSample",

Numeric,

Continuous,

Format( "d/m/y h:m:s", 22, -1 ),

Input Format( "d/m/y h:m:s", -1 ),

Set Values( [3387391680, 3392287200, 3394177560, 3394181160, 3394184760] )

),

New Column( "TempSampleValue",

Numeric,

Continuous,

Format( "Best", 12 ),

Set Values( [18.3, 15.3, 1.3, 1, 1] )

)

)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pmroz
Super User

Re: Creating Data Table Automatically

You need to use the SQL and JSL variables to build a dynamic set of JSL commands.  For example:

packhouse  = "ALBS";

dsn_string =

"DSN=TRG-SQL13;UID=;Trusted_Connection=Yes;APP=JMP;WSID=MTMLAP160;DATABASE=ZS_Export";

sql_string = "SELECT top 5 PalletID, dtTempSample, TempSampleValue " ||

"  FROM dbo.tb_Raw_Data " ||

" WHERE tb_Raw_Data.SiteName = '" || packhouse || "' " ||

"   AND tb_Raw_Data.ShipmentID = 'warehouse' " ||

"order by palletid, dttempsample";

dt = open database(dsn_string, sql_string, packhouse);

This will open the same dataset you have now, into a JMP table called ALBS.  Substitute a different value for packhouse to read a different packhouse from your database.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pmroz
Super User

Re: Creating Data Table Automatically

You need to use the SQL and JSL variables to build a dynamic set of JSL commands.  For example:

packhouse  = "ALBS";

dsn_string =

"DSN=TRG-SQL13;UID=;Trusted_Connection=Yes;APP=JMP;WSID=MTMLAP160;DATABASE=ZS_Export";

sql_string = "SELECT top 5 PalletID, dtTempSample, TempSampleValue " ||

"  FROM dbo.tb_Raw_Data " ||

" WHERE tb_Raw_Data.SiteName = '" || packhouse || "' " ||

"   AND tb_Raw_Data.ShipmentID = 'warehouse' " ||

"order by palletid, dttempsample";

dt = open database(dsn_string, sql_string, packhouse);

This will open the same dataset you have now, into a JMP table called ALBS.  Substitute a different value for packhouse to read a different packhouse from your database.

phillby
Level I

Creating Data Table Automatically

Thanks for this, it appears to be doing what I want it to do.