cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
david_arteta
Level III

Create a subset by ID based on column maximum value

Hi group,

Using JMP 14, I have a dataset where I have measurements of an analyte on several individuals over different visits. I would like to subset the dataset keeping only the row for the last visit for each individual. How can I interactively do this (no scripting if possible)? I attach a simplified version of the dataset with only 4 individuals. The resulting dataset should have only 4 rows with the latest visit information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Create a subset by ID based on column maximum value

1.  Create a New Column, say Max Visit, with formula Col Maximum( :Visit, :ID )
  2. Select from the Main Menu > Rows > Row Selection > Select Where .... Visit equals, Compare Column, Max Visitimage.png
  3. Table > Subset > use the default settings OK produces the table below

image.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

1.  Create a New Column, say Max Visit, with formula Col Maximum( :Visit, :ID )
  2. Select from the Main Menu > Rows > Row Selection > Select Where .... Visit equals, Compare Column, Max Visitimage.png
  3. Table > Subset > use the default settings OK produces the table below

image.png

david_arteta
Level III

Thanks @gzmorgan0 for your quick and useful answer!