Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Lichun
Level II

Control chart warning - email

Hi Team,

Appreciate for support, I have few questions for email portion now.

1. Now I can received warning via Email from JMP. Can you please teach me how to send graph with alarm text (show in email directly)? Attached my JSL file.

2. I would like to use the same control limit, how to retrieve the control limit from the control chart and save in new table .

Thanks 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Control chart warning - email

Hi Lichun,

I don't have access to your data, so I haven't tested this script. If I'm understanding correctly, the script below should run the control chart and save/email it for out of control points. The key is adding code to save the chart as part of the alarm script.

/*JMP STATISTICAL DISCOVERY LLC (“JMP”) PERMITS THE USE OF THIS COMPUTER SOFTWARE CODE (“CODE”) ON AN AS-IS BASIS AND AUTHORIZES YOU TO USE THE CODE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS LISTED HEREIN.  BY USING THE CODE, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS.  YOUR USE OF THE CODE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.  JMP MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRIGEMENT, AND TITLE, WITH RESPECT TO THE CODE.
You may use the Code solely as part of a software product you currently have licensed from JMP, JMP’s parent company SAS Institute Inc. (“SAS”), or one of JMP’s or SAS’s subsidiaries or authorized agents (the “Software”), and not for any other purpose.  The Code is designed to add functionality to the Software but has not necessarily been tested.  Accordingly, JMP makes no representation or warranty that the Code will operate error-free.  JMP is under no obligation to maintain, support, or continue to distribute the Code.
Neither JMP nor its licensors shall be liable to you or any third-party for any general, special, direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, or other damages whatsoever arising out of or related to your use or inability to use the Code, even if JMP has been advised of the possibility of such damages.  Except as otherwise provided above, the Code is governed by the same agreement that governs the Software.  If you do not have an existing agreement with JMP or SAS governing the Software, you may not use the Code.
JMP and all other JMP Statistical Discovery LLC product or service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of JMP Statistical Discovery LLC in the USA and other countries.  ® indicates USA registration.  Other brand and product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective companies.
*/

//Control Chart with alarm
cc = Control Chart Builder( //<--assign object reference for saving later
	Show Two Shewhart Charts( 0 ),
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables( Subgroup( :LOTID ), Subgroup( :WFID, Position( 1 ) ), Y( :ALUCAP_BAR_RES, :B1_MAZE_RS, :B2_MAZE_RS, :BETAVPNP06, ) ),
	Chart(
		Points( Statistic( "Average" ) ),
		Limits( Sigma( "Levey Jennings" ) ),
		Get Limits( "C:\Users\rliu01\Downloads\control limit.jmp" ),
		Warnings( Test 1( 1 ), Test 5( 1 ) )
	),
	Alarm Script(
		If( Date Difference( :DATE[qc_sample], Today(), "day" ) < 90,
			cc << save presentation("C:\Users\rliu01\Desktop\demo10.pptx" ); //<--insert saving portion here
			Mail(
				"lichun.liu@latticesemi.com",
				"Warning ",
				Substitute(
						"WAT SPC for test ^QCTEST in PCM ^QCCOL, 
							PRODUCT ^QCPRODUCT, 
							LOT ^QCLOT, 
							WF ^QCWF, 
							DATE ^QCDATE.",
					"^QCTEST", Char( qc_test ),
					"^QCCOL", qc_col,
					"^QCPRODUCT", Char( :PRODUCT[qc_sample] ),
					"^QCLOT", Char( :LOTID[qc_sample] ),
					"^QCWF", Char( :WFID[qc_sample] ),
					"^QCDATE", Char( :DATE[qc_sample] ),

),
				"C:\Users\rliu01\Desktop\demo10.pptx",

)
		)
	)
);

View solution in original post

I'm unaware of a straightforward way to embed an image in email in JMP. Perhaps this would be a good wish list item?

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Lichun
Level II

Hi Team,

Probably my description is not clear, in alarm function that I would like to receive the alarm text and also the control chart plot. Can anyone know how to do that? please kindly share with me your idea.

Thanks.

Lichun
Level II

Hi Team,

I am asking help.

With support from JMP now I can receive email alarm, now I would like to call the corresponding SPC alarm control chart with the alarm text. Can you please look the JSL file and share me your idea how to do that.

Thanks

Lichun
Level II

Hi Team,

I really need help here. 

In my jsl file, there are mutli graph_control chart will be generated, 

Now I can receive the alarm text via the support from JMP team, can I ask your help again to call correspnding control chart (in graph) to email also. 

If this is not work, please also let me know 

Thanks,

Lichun
Level II

Hi Jed,

Appreciate for your help again. I read the link you provided and also search the answer from this discussion I cant' find the anwer by my self. The problem is I have no idea how to combine the alarm and also the email (single picture or place in journal). Can you please review the jsl file and provide help.

Thanks

Lichun
Level II

Hi Jed,

I refered to all topic related to attached/ email/ control chart from the discussion.

Now I seperate it to 2 portion, 1st portion is save the file, 2nd is to send email alarm.

Is it possble to comine it? Actually, I just want to get alarm email with alarm control chart only (warning item match the control chart ) instead of full of items, actually I plan to enable more than 100 items, can you please give me some

Attached my JSL file.

ideas .

Thanks

Hi Lichun,

I don't have access to your data, so I haven't tested this script. If I'm understanding correctly, the script below should run the control chart and save/email it for out of control points. The key is adding code to save the chart as part of the alarm script.

/*JMP STATISTICAL DISCOVERY LLC (“JMP”) PERMITS THE USE OF THIS COMPUTER SOFTWARE CODE (“CODE”) ON AN AS-IS BASIS AND AUTHORIZES YOU TO USE THE CODE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS LISTED HEREIN.  BY USING THE CODE, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS.  YOUR USE OF THE CODE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.  JMP MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRIGEMENT, AND TITLE, WITH RESPECT TO THE CODE.
You may use the Code solely as part of a software product you currently have licensed from JMP, JMP’s parent company SAS Institute Inc. (“SAS”), or one of JMP’s or SAS’s subsidiaries or authorized agents (the “Software”), and not for any other purpose.  The Code is designed to add functionality to the Software but has not necessarily been tested.  Accordingly, JMP makes no representation or warranty that the Code will operate error-free.  JMP is under no obligation to maintain, support, or continue to distribute the Code.
Neither JMP nor its licensors shall be liable to you or any third-party for any general, special, direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, or other damages whatsoever arising out of or related to your use or inability to use the Code, even if JMP has been advised of the possibility of such damages.  Except as otherwise provided above, the Code is governed by the same agreement that governs the Software.  If you do not have an existing agreement with JMP or SAS governing the Software, you may not use the Code.
JMP and all other JMP Statistical Discovery LLC product or service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of JMP Statistical Discovery LLC in the USA and other countries.  ® indicates USA registration.  Other brand and product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective companies.
*/

//Control Chart with alarm
cc = Control Chart Builder( //<--assign object reference for saving later
	Show Two Shewhart Charts( 0 ),
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables( Subgroup( :LOTID ), Subgroup( :WFID, Position( 1 ) ), Y( :ALUCAP_BAR_RES, :B1_MAZE_RS, :B2_MAZE_RS, :BETAVPNP06, ) ),
	Chart(
		Points( Statistic( "Average" ) ),
		Limits( Sigma( "Levey Jennings" ) ),
		Get Limits( "C:\Users\rliu01\Downloads\control limit.jmp" ),
		Warnings( Test 1( 1 ), Test 5( 1 ) )
	),
	Alarm Script(
		If( Date Difference( :DATE[qc_sample], Today(), "day" ) < 90,
			cc << save presentation("C:\Users\rliu01\Desktop\demo10.pptx" ); //<--insert saving portion here
			Mail(
				"lichun.liu@latticesemi.com",
				"Warning ",
				Substitute(
						"WAT SPC for test ^QCTEST in PCM ^QCCOL, 
							PRODUCT ^QCPRODUCT, 
							LOT ^QCLOT, 
							WF ^QCWF, 
							DATE ^QCDATE.",
					"^QCTEST", Char( qc_test ),
					"^QCCOL", qc_col,
					"^QCPRODUCT", Char( :PRODUCT[qc_sample] ),
					"^QCLOT", Char( :LOTID[qc_sample] ),
					"^QCWF", Char( :WFID[qc_sample] ),
					"^QCDATE", Char( :DATE[qc_sample] ),

),
				"C:\Users\rliu01\Desktop\demo10.pptx",

)
		)
	)
);
Lichun
Level II

Hi Jed,

Sorry for late, I am appreciate for your answer so I am working on next steps that's why I am late for reply.

The code is work to send alarm with attached. 

Because I will have more than 100 items per device so I would like to save the file with the item name and also send the corresponding file to email. Not work to save as one file name, some of item will use the same file which cause mismatch between item name and attached.

So I read the jmp discussion and change it to item[i] 

However, it not work per my JSL (I already studied all the post in JMP discussion).

Can you please review the JSL again to point the error here? thanks in advance.

Except for attached option, do you have idea if we can emedded the control chart directly follow by the description of qctest..... means the control chart can directly show in email.

Thanks 

Craige_Hales
Super User

try

|ITEMS[i][1]|

since ITEMS is a list of lists, you need the first item of the inner list to get a string.

Craige