cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
rg1494
Level I

Continuous fit

Some data is not Normal distribution, and i can't transform with Box-Cox. Can I use Distributions_Confinuous Fit_All ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Continuous fit

Yes.  The Distribution Platform has the capability of transforming  non normal distributed data to a normal distribution.  I suggest that you read about the Distribution Platform in the Basic Analysis document from the JMP Documentation Library, available under the Help pull down menu.

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Yes.  The Distribution Platform has the capability of transforming  non normal distributed data to a normal distribution.  I suggest that you read about the Distribution Platform in the Basic Analysis document from the JMP Documentation Library, available under the Help pull down menu.

Jim
rg1494
Level I

Thanks!  But Documentation is just a brief introduction to each distribution. Such as the Normal Mixtures distribution fits a mixture of normal distributions(This flexible distribution is capable of fitting multi-modal data. You can also fit two or more distributions by selecting the Normal 2 Mixture, Normal 3 Mixture, or Other options.). i expect to know when we can choose 2 Mixture or 3 Mixture and whether the more modes to choose, the better.