Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
billi
Level V

Confidence interval for degradation data analysis

Hello,

In degradation analysis, is there any option to save the crossing time with 95% confidence interval. Confidence interval is shown in the plot but I do not see it mentioned anywhere in the report. Is there any option to get those numbers. Below is the plot from degradation data analysis showing the crossing time with 95% CI.

Thank you.

billi_0-1658423435809.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
peng_liu
Staff

Re: Confidence interval for degradation data analysis

I understand now. You are using "Stability Analysis" part of the platform. Stability analysis is a special application of the general degradation analysis. Its behavior is tailored to suit the special need of stability analysis. The "Prediction" column that you see is already the crossing time of the confidence interval line with the threshold. And it is lower one-sided. The actual crossing times of the degradation lines with the threshold are not reported, because they are not the interest of stability analysis.

peng_liu_0-1658498863895.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
peng_liu
Staff

Try to select "Confidence Interval" in Inverse Prediction, then select "Save Crossing Time". See whether that is what you need.

peng_liu_0-1658458389389.png

billi
Level V

@peng_liu Thank you for your reply. I tried this solution but it just saves the predicted crossing time not the confidence interval.

peng_liu
Staff

That's odd. The following data table is what you should see. The two highlighted columns are where confidence interval bounds cross the threshold. If you don't see them. There is something I don't understand. You may either post more details here, or you may contact support@jmp.com if it is inconvenient to discuss here.

peng_liu_1-1658493357500.png

billi
Level V

@peng_liu I attached the data table and below is snapshot of what I get when I go to Inverse Prediction > Save Crossing Time.

billi_0-1658498078082.png

peng_liu
Staff

I understand now. You are using "Stability Analysis" part of the platform. Stability analysis is a special application of the general degradation analysis. Its behavior is tailored to suit the special need of stability analysis. The "Prediction" column that you see is already the crossing time of the confidence interval line with the threshold. And it is lower one-sided. The actual crossing times of the degradation lines with the threshold are not reported, because they are not the interest of stability analysis.

peng_liu_0-1658498863895.png