cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
NG
NG
Level II

Complex Numbers in JMP

I'm trying to work on some Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy, which uses Complex Numbers and has a response in the form of a Bode or Nyquist plot. I found a plugin for JMP, but I can't find documentation on it:

https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Add-Ins/Complex-Numbers/ta-p/22616

I've attached a sample JMP table containing a simple RC circuit with R=500 and C=.001.

I want to use JMP to fit the experimental data for multiple experiments at once using the non-linear platform and then compare the models to the experiments graphically (this is going to be an iterative process to get the model right). The challenge I've run into is JMP does not natively support complex numbers. I can work around this by parameterizing like in the "fit" column, but then I have to do extra work to split out the parameters to another column.

I may be making the "fit" and "split out" part of things more complicated than it needs to be. Is there either a simplier way to use parameters from one column in another column _or_ use complex numbers in JMP?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Complex Numbers in JMP

Sorry for the late reply here. Install the Complex Numbers add-in, and you'll find help documentation in the menus: Add-ins > Complex Numbers> Help.

Much of the functionality of the add-in consists of JSL functions to do math on complex numbers.