cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
PF
PF
Level I

Comparing datasets from two different files

Hi Everyone

I need a little help to get past this.

I have two datasets in two different files. I need to compare multiple columns in the two files and then get the data which is exactly the same in a new file. I thought about loops but I don't know if JMP scripts can do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: Comparing datasets from two different files

I think you are asking for a JSL script, and 'yes' you can use loops. It's usually good practice to let JMP generate code for you and then build on that. With that in mind, I would try playing with Compare Data Tables interactively with some of your data and see where that leads you. Be aware there are many ways one could approach this problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ian_jmp
Staff

I think you are asking for a JSL script, and 'yes' you can use loops. It's usually good practice to let JMP generate code for you and then build on that. With that in mind, I would try playing with Compare Data Tables interactively with some of your data and see where that leads you. Be aware there are many ways one could approach this problem.

PF
PF
Level I

I tryed different things, but the joining by matching variables was the best way for me. 

triunk
Level I

Hi Ian,

I am afraid the link of the phrase "compare data tables" does not work

Might you be able to redirect us to the right link?

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

I've updated the link in the post above. 

-Jeff
triunk
Level I

Thank you for the update