cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
DanAlexander
Level III

Combining Several JMP Reports (Graphs) via script?

Hello, 

I have 25 different graphs I've created via the Bivariate feature, and saved as independent .JRP files. I was wondering if there was a fast way to combine all of these reports into one file through scripting? Such as a dashboard for example, or another format (.PDF, .JRN, .JRP). I have tried to manually combine them into a dashboard, however JMP runs extremely slowly when I have more than one .JRP file open, and will crash if I try to create a dashboard with all 25 files. I am at a loss for what to try next, since JMP slows down to a crawl and crashes whenever I try to do this manually. For reference, I am using JMP 15.

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: Combining Several JMP Reports (Graphs) via script?

A .JRP file is nothing more than a JMP script that runs the report. If you have specified to embed the data with the report, then a script that will regenerate the data table is included in the JRP file. If the 25 graphs you are creating are based upon the same data table, and you are embedding the data table within each .JRP file, then your slowness is probably because you keep creating and recreating the data table.
An easy way to combine all of the files, is to rename all of the .JRP extensions to .jsl, and then open and manually copy and paste each file into a master .jsl file.
Jim
DanAlexander
Level III

Hi, so actually I have 25 different data tables AND graphs. Each data table corresponds to a different graph (one to one). As such, I'm not sure if this solution will work since you assumed that all graphs are based on the same data table.

txnelson
Super User

The method should work even with 25 different data tables. If you could attach 2 or 3 of the .RPT files that you are currently generating, I would be willing to open them up and see if there are any visible issues.
Jim