cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Jonas_Aji
Level I

Changing/reading a specific value from a JMP generated (capability) summary table

Hello!

I'm working on a script for an automated CPV exercise. So far I can already generate a report with control charts, a capability summary together with a conclusion for each parameter/attribute for any X amount of columns from the original JMP table (for-loop for each column).

My question here deals with the capability summary.

In the script, I use the "Process Capability(..)" functionality - from this, afterwards, I use the following line to only export the summary table (from the capability output) to my final report: "nw << append( Report( CAPREP )[Outline Box( 3 )] );" (where nw is my report and CAPREP was the process cability window).

This works fine - I get the following output:

Jonas_Aji_0-1617959843844.png

For further optimization, I was hoping to:

- be able to "read" the individual values from the table to a parameter in my script. (reason: I want to write a conditional conclusion depending on the actual values of the ppl/ppu).

-> so I would like to have something like

PPL_VALUE = ....

PPU_VALUE = ...

- alter the value of the overall sigma to its value multiplied by three (so reading it to a parameter in my script, where I can change the value and then write it back to the summary)

-> so I would like to have something like

SIGMA_VALUE = ....

NEW_SIGMA=3*SIGMA_VALUE

... = NEW_SIGMA

I noticed from the "tree structure" following structure (for the table above):

Jonas_Aji_1-1617960020286.png

So I'm guessing the line would incorporate something like the following: "Report(CAPREP)[OutlineBox(3),NumberColBox(5)] << ...", however so far without success.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Jonas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Changing/reading a specific value from a JMP generated (capability) summary table

Hi Jonas,

You're very close.  In this case, you referencing the NumberColBox is sufficient, you don't need to reference the OutlineBox.  Try this:

PPL_VALUE = Report(CAPREP)[NumberColBox(6)][1];
PPU_VALUE = Report(CAPREP)[NumberColBox(7)][1]; 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Changing/reading a specific value from a JMP generated (capability) summary table

Hi Jonas,

You're very close.  In this case, you referencing the NumberColBox is sufficient, you don't need to reference the OutlineBox.  Try this:

PPL_VALUE = Report(CAPREP)[NumberColBox(6)][1];
PPU_VALUE = Report(CAPREP)[NumberColBox(7)][1]; 

Jonas_Aji
Level I

Thanks Hadley!

Script works.

Note: I noticed different values were generated with NumberColBox 6 and 7... With some trial & error I came up to this;

SIGMA_VALUE = Report( CAPREP )[Number Col Box( 9 )][1];
PPL_VALUE = Round( Report( CAPREP )[Number Col Box( 12 )][1], 2 );
PPU_VALUE = Round( Report( CAPREP )[Number Col Box( 18 )][1], 2 );