cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
belikin23
Level I

Categorical heatmap?

I'm trying to find a way to combine the two wafer maps below. In other words, I need the X/Y coordinates to actually appear as rectangular die areas on a wafer, like in the heatmap below (not as points), AND have the legend to be discreet and maybe customized colors like in the point map below (not as a continuous gradient from 0-4). Is there any way to combine these features? TIA!

Heatmap:

belikin23_1-1695759676637.png

Point map:

belikin23_0-1695759624229.png

5 REPLIES 5
jthi
Super User

Re: Categorical heatmap?

Only thing that comes quickly to my mind without seeing any data you are using, is to change the summary statistic of color to None

jthi_0-1695790941979.png

You can see that there can be some overlap depending on your axis increments (changing X and Y to nominal might help)

jthi_2-1695791031438.png

-Jarmo
belikin23
Level I

Thanks for the reply. When I right-click on Color I don't have that option though for summary statistics... Also under Heatmap I don't have Bin Shape option as you have in your screen shot. I wonder if these are features on a newer version? I have JMP Pro 14.3.0, which version do you have?

belikin23_0-1695791611413.png

belikin23_1-1695791682850.png

jthi
Super User

Those images were from JMP Pro 17.2.0 and same features can be found from JMP16.2.0. I don't have anymore access to JMP versions older than JMP16 so I'm not sure how this could be done in JMP14.3. One thing you could try, is to change X and Y columns to Nominal (or Ordinal) and maybe JMP uses different "default" statistic.

-Jarmo
hogi
Level XI

Ist the CATEGORY column in both Plots the same?
Interesting that there are numeric values in Point Plot - compared to the Strings in the Heatmap Plot.

Certainly, you can achieve this by using Matplotlib in Python. Create a heatmap with customized colors and define color boundaries to represent X/Y coordinates as rectangular die areas. I am a coastal resident and recently, I read an essay by WritingUniverse on the subject of hurricanes. I was immediately struck by its power and beauty. You can also read the article on https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/hurricane/ As a native coastal resident, I have seen hurricanes up close and personal. I recall the fear and apprehension that accompanies the arrival of a storm. I recall the howling of the wind and the pounding of the rain on the windows. I recall the relief I felt when the storm subsided. In this essay, WritingUniverse captures all of these emotions perfectly. I would highly recommend this essay to anyone who wishes to learn more about hurricanes or who has personally experienced one.