Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
buzuddha1
Level II

Can’t set the tick mark line weight

[Moved from Graph Builder: allow setting the tick mark line weight]

This doesn't seem to work for me. I can change the axis line weight but not the tick mark weight by modifying line width in properties. Weirdly, I can only increase it once, the line weight won't update after the first change.

Likewise, I'm trying to solve a similar problem, which is tick mark weight and length. You see, my new bosses insist I present data in prism graphs, which I'm simply not going to do. Instead, I'm going to make it look like I used prism. I'm close to cloning the prism format with JMP (see attached), but need to increase the axis weight, tick mark weight, tick mark length and enclose box plots with a line. What is the best way to do this with JSL? 

Ideally, I'd write a script called prismify which would convert an object to prism-like format, but that may be down the road.

Test1.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Can’t set the tick mark line weight

I'm not sure about the height of the tick itself, but starting in JMP 16 you can adjust the color and weight in properties for that item.

Graph Builder: allow setting the tick mark line weight 

Note that there is a setting to adjust the distance between the bars, try playing with different negative values in first parameter of Set Side y Side Overlap:

Names Default To Here( 1 );
Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
obj = Graph Builder( Variables( X( :age ), Y( :weight ), Overlay( :sex ) ), Elements( Bar( X, Y ) ) );
frame = Report( obj )[FrameBox( 1 )];
seg = (frame << Find Seg( "Bar Seg" ));
seg << Set Side by Side Overlap( -0.5 );
buzuddha1
Level II

Thanks ih,

This solution works well except that the error bars then need to be moved (see attached).  Can I grab those and send them to "Set Side by Side Overlap"?

buzuddha1_0-1634058495491.png

ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Yes, in fact you can do this more directly than what I showed previously:

Names Default To Here( 1 );
Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
obj = Graph Builder( Variables( X( :age ), Y( :weight ), Overlay( :sex ) ), Elements( Bar( X, Y ) ) );

//find all bar segment frames and adjust the distance between all of them
(obj << XPath("//BarSeg")) << Set Side by Side Overlap( -.8 );
buzuddha1
Level II

Thanks! A note:

Elements( Bar( X, Y,Legend( 1 ), Error Interval( "Standard Deviation" ) ) )

The 

Legend( 1 ), Error Interval( "Standard Deviation" ) 

must be in the script and legend has to be set to 1.

If not, legend not equal 1: off set error bars

If you run the script and use point and click to add error bars after the segment spaceing:  off set error bars