Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Max entry length in Enhanced Log

In the enhanced log introduced in JMP 16 the max length of some things written to the log is limited.  Is there a way to override or change this?  For example, run the last line of the script below with the text log and the entire display tree is returned. Turn on the enhanced log and it is truncated.

I feel like I'm missing something simple here...

Names default to here(1);

dt = Open("$Sample_data/big class.jmp");

gb = Graph Builder(
	Size( 528, 456 ),
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables( X( :sex ), Y( :height ), Overlay( :age ) ),
	Elements( Bar( X, Y, Legend( 9 ) ) )
);

gb << get xml;
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Max entry length in Enhanced Log

It turns out you can right click on the result in the enhanced log and then save script to a new script window (or the clipboard) and see it there.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

I have not seen a way to lengthen the print length, however, the desired xml code can be moved into a variable, and then saved to a text file and opened with notepad.  Not the answer you want, but it might help you out.

xyz = gb << get xml;
save text file("$TEMP\myxml.txt",xyz)
Jim
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Thanks @txnelson , I should have pointed out that you can also write that to the clipboard and paste it in a script window, which is my current work around, but I'm still holding out hope that there is some straight forward solution here to just show it in the log.

set clipboard( gb << get xml )  

ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

It turns out you can right click on the result in the enhanced log and then save script to a new script window (or the clipboard) and see it there.