cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lwx228
Level VIII

Can JSL control mouse movements and clicks, and input numbers in other Windows?

For example, dt[1,1]=789 in the JMP table DT
In addition, there is other software xxx.exe in the specified location of the screen, it has a text box to fill the content, the text box has a confirmation button right.

2021-03-25_16-00-59.png

I now want to implement through JSL:Move the mouse to the textbox range of xxx.exe and click once,make it to the current focus, then DT [1,1] the value of 789 to fill in the xxx.exe text box, and then control the mouse to move to the xxx.exe button position, and click once to complete the confirmation.

• The x and y values in the figure are the coordinates of XXX. Exe in the current screen

• This is a strange idea of mine.Thanks Experts!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_MXAK
Level IV

Re: Can JSL control mouse movements and clicks, and input numbers in other Windows?

I don't believe JSL can automate that directly. I'd take a look at AutoHotkey, which can and is pretty intuitive to script. I'm like 98% sure you could launch an AHK script from JSL using the `Run Program` function.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lwx228
Level VIII

Re: Can JSL control mouse movements and clicks, and input numbers in other Windows?

Looks like I'm asking JSL to do something extra.
Excel's VBA can still do this.

2021-03-26_16-40-59.png

lwx228
Level VIII

However, VBA to complete the operation code has become more complex.

Michael_MXAK
Level IV

I don't believe JSL can automate that directly. I'd take a look at AutoHotkey, which can and is pretty intuitive to script. I'm like 98% sure you could launch an AHK script from JSL using the `Run Program` function.

lwx228
Level VIII

Thanks!

There are several programs like AutoHotkey.

But I don't know how it fits into JSL. There are examples of AutoHotkey combination with VBA online.

lwx228
Level VIII

Thank Michael_MXAK!

AHK's automatic controls are powerful and I recently took the time to learn them.
Using JSL to control calls to AHK can accomplish a lot.
In this case, I use JSL to control AHK to automatically open the specified website to obtain its cookie for JMP to download data for use.

2022-05-29_11-34-39.png