cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lwx228
Level VIII

Can JSL control mouse movements and clicks, and input numbers in other Windows?

For example, dt[1,1]=789 in the JMP table DT
In addition, there is other software xxx.exe in the specified location of the screen, it has a text box to fill the content, the text box has a confirmation button right.

2021-03-25_16-00-59.png

I now want to implement through JSL:Move the mouse to the textbox range of xxx.exe and click once,make it to the current focus, then DT [1,1] the value of 789 to fill in the xxx.exe text box, and then control the mouse to move to the xxx.exe button position, and click once to complete the confirmation.

• The x and y values in the figure are the coordinates of XXX. Exe in the current screen

• This is a strange idea of mine.Thanks Experts!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_MXAK
Level IV

Re: Can JSL control mouse movements and clicks, and input numbers in other Windows?

I don't believe JSL can automate that directly. I'd take a look at AutoHotkey, which can and is pretty intuitive to script. I'm like 98% sure you could launch an AHK script from JSL using the `Run Program` function.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lwx228
Level VIII

Re: Can JSL control mouse movements and clicks, and input numbers in other Windows?

Looks like I'm asking JSL to do something extra.
Excel's VBA can still do this.

2021-03-26_16-40-59.png

lwx228
Level VIII

However, VBA to complete the operation code has become more complex.

Michael_MXAK
Level IV

I don't believe JSL can automate that directly. I'd take a look at AutoHotkey, which can and is pretty intuitive to script. I'm like 98% sure you could launch an AHK script from JSL using the `Run Program` function.

lwx228
Level VIII

Thanks!

There are several programs like AutoHotkey.

But I don't know how it fits into JSL. There are examples of AutoHotkey combination with VBA online.

lwx228
Level VIII

Thank Michael_MXAK!

AHK's automatic controls are powerful and I recently took the time to learn them.
Using JSL to control calls to AHK can accomplish a lot.
In this case, I use JSL to control AHK to automatically open the specified website to obtain its cookie for JMP to download data for use.

2022-05-29_11-34-39.png