Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Hegedus1
Level III

Legend for Bubble Chart

Hi,

Is it possible to create a legend for the size of the bubbles in the bubble chart?

I can fake it with creating some dummy data points but an interesting in something that does mess with underlying data table.

Andy

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Legend for Bubble Chart

Hi Andy,

This may not be what you want, but maybe it will inspire someone to offer a better idea.

BubblePlotSizeLegend.PNG

To build the legend:

1. I built a Graph Builder graph with a size role using the same column as the bubble plot.
  2. I shrunk the graph and removed the border and title.
  3. I deleted the Graph Builder title, which removed the Graph Builder Outline box. 

Then I combined windows to create a dashboard. 

If this works for you, please let me know if you need more details steps. 

~John

View solution in original post

Hegedus1
Level III

Hi,

Thanks for the idea.

What I am playing with is this where I have created dummy datapoints, red circles, (again not my preferred option) and placed them in line with the Y axis grid. So the one cross at 1 is 1, crossing at 10 = 10,....  I will need to add text in presentation deck to explain.

Hegedus1_0-1653861663203.png

Andy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Andy,

This may not be what you want, but maybe it will inspire someone to offer a better idea.

BubblePlotSizeLegend.PNG

To build the legend:

1. I built a Graph Builder graph with a size role using the same column as the bubble plot.
  2. I shrunk the graph and removed the border and title.
  3. I deleted the Graph Builder title, which removed the Graph Builder Outline box. 

Then I combined windows to create a dashboard. 

If this works for you, please let me know if you need more details steps. 

~John

Hegedus1
Level III

Hi,

Thanks for the idea.

What I am playing with is this where I have created dummy datapoints, red circles, (again not my preferred option) and placed them in line with the Y axis grid. So the one cross at 1 is 1, crossing at 10 = 10,....  I will need to add text in presentation deck to explain.

Hegedus1_0-1653861663203.png

Andy