cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
TaqyPoly
Level I

Can I use JMP formulas to refer to a single value present in a column on a JMP data table?

The data table below has been generated on Excel and then copied to JMP

TaqyPoly_0-1671647768521.png

I'd like to perform a logic test which involves the following steps -

1. Ordering the "Parameter" column in descending order

2. Checking whether each of the values in the "Parameter" column is greater than 25% of the highest value in the Parameter Column. If it is - the logic column should display "TRUE" else "FALSE".

I don't know how to reference a cell in the formula on JMP like you can on Excel (e.g. - $A$1)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: Can I use JMP formulas to refer to a single value present in a column on a JMP data table?

Is there are reason why you couldn't just check if each row is greater than 25% of the highest value immediately?

jthi_0-1671650461313.png

You can check for maximum value in column by using Col Max()

If(:Column 2 >= Col Max(:Column 2) * 0.25,
	"TRUE",
	"FALSE"
)

You can of course sort the data if you need to by right clicking on the column header and selecting Sort Ascending/Descending

One way to access row and column is to use Data table subscripting , you can also use column reference and then row number like :Column 2[1]

Also a good read JMP is Not a Spreadsheet 

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jthi
Super User

Re: Can I use JMP formulas to refer to a single value present in a column on a JMP data table?

Is there are reason why you couldn't just check if each row is greater than 25% of the highest value immediately?

jthi_0-1671650461313.png

You can check for maximum value in column by using Col Max()

If(:Column 2 >= Col Max(:Column 2) * 0.25,
	"TRUE",
	"FALSE"
)

You can of course sort the data if you need to by right clicking on the column header and selecting Sort Ascending/Descending

One way to access row and column is to use Data table subscripting , you can also use column reference and then row number like :Column 2[1]

Also a good read JMP is Not a Spreadsheet 

-Jarmo
TaqyPoly
Level I

This worked! Thank you for the links